Saturday, June 28, 2008

Show and Tell


I wanted to share something that was from Wyoming where I grew up, this cabin was built by my grandfather who will be ninety this December. The rock part of the cabin was built first and the second room was built. I remember going up to the Mountain on the Fourth of July most years unless there was a wild fire. We would BBQ, then make Angles on Horseback. This picture was take the last time I was in Wyoming about 6 years ago. I wanted to share this I guess because I am home sick, for Wyoming and Washington where my mom lives.
Angles on Horseback was my Grandmother’s Name for S’mores Gram crackers, Hershey bar, and toasted marshmallow.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow it looks like right out of a movie, love it! What a nice memory to look at when your homesick. Thanks for sharing!

Sam said...

what a quaint looking cabin!! I bet you have some great memories of summers spent in the mountains!

Joanna said...

That is so cool that your grandfather built that and it is still in your family. Look at all the work that stone part must have taken! I agree, good memories must have happened there.

battynurse said...

What a fantastic cabin. I'm sure the memories that go with it are wonderful too. Sorry you are homesick and I hope it gets better.

Arian said...

How very cool! That cabin looks like a great place to store up some amazing memories!

Anonymous said...

That cabin is exactly the kind of place my husband and I are longing to own! Two rooms... beautiful views... your grandad's place looks like paradise to me!

chicklet said...

I've never seen anything like that? That's really cool!!!

Lauren said...

The cabin looks so peaceful, that's the only way I can describe it. What wonderful memories you must have of that place! I hope you get to go back soon.

Geriatric Nursing said...

Great picture of the cabin Kim. Looks like your dad on the side.

Cricket said...

I am so envious - I want a stone house so badly. That place is lovely.

Mine's up, too.

Lee said...

What a lovely reminder of time gone by!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Absolutely lovely! I hope you get a chance to get back there soon.