Sunday, July 13, 2008

Doll Stories

My Dad gave me this Doll for my 12th birthday I think or right around there. She was made by Barbara Maroz from Sheridan Wyoming. I collect dolls, and have since I was too little to know that I collected dolls. Growing up I had shelves around three walls of my room which were covered with dolls, now that I have a house of my own I have five dolls out on display. The rest are still in boxes, maybe when my little girl gets a little older I will start giving them to her for her room. I want to give her the story behind the dolls that I give her like who gave it to me, when, and why I received the doll. This case I know who made the doll. To see more Show and Tell click here. Thanks Kim
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wishing 4 One said...

What a great looking doll. I never collected dolls but has a friend growing up who collected Madam Alexander dolls. She had them all. Wonder if she still does. Wonder where she is. Anyway thanks for sharing your and I know your little girl will love each doll and her story, what a great idea.

'Murgdan' said...

What an interesting doll. My Dad used to bring me cool dolls back when he would make international business trips--what a shame I didn't collect them and have no idea what became of them.

battynurse said...

That is a nice doll. And a great story too.

The Invisible Mo said...

Thanks for your comments on my TT.

Very nice doll. I have a friend that kept her baby on a papoose board when he was little. (not all day or anything, just when sleeping or she wanted to carry him around.) I don't think modern moms swaddle their babies enough. It makes them so calm, at least in my experience.

Geriatric Nursing said...

Nice picture of your doll. How many dolls do you have in total and what kind of dolls do you collect?